Why Hiring a New Jersey Adoption Attorney Is a Good Idea
One of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make in your life is expanding your family. If you’re considering expanding yours through adoption, there are a variety of intricate details that must not be overlooked. It’s estimated between 10-16% of adoptions of children under age 3 are disrupted. Considering the process can sometimes take years, this can be devastating.
Although you can go through the process without the guidance of an experienced lawyer, going at it alone can slow down the process and increase the risk of mistakes along the way. An experienced New Jersey adoption attorney can help pave the path to happiness.
What is the Role of a Family Adoption Lawyer?
When a child isn’t biologically yours, you have to go through a process to achieve legal guardianship. Whether you already have a child in mind or are ready to explore options, your attorney can help you every step of the way. Just a few things with which they can offer reliable assistance include:
- Filing paperwork
- Finding a reliable adoption agency to work with
- Representing you in court if that becomes necessary
Your child adoption attorney is there to listen to your primary personal family goals and get the ball rolling to help you achieve them.
How Do I Know If I Need a Child Adoption Lawyer?
Chances are you don’t have an extensive background on adoption. While it would seem to be a pretty straightforward process, there are various issues that can arise. Just a few unethical practices adoption agencies are known to engage in include:
- Representing themselves as credentialed when they, in fact, are not
- Claiming they can place children from countries that are either permanently or temporarily banned
- Charging fees that are higher than normal
- Taking action to conceal negative reviews to mislead potential customers
Although it’s unfortunate, there are bad apples in every barrel. When you work with an experienced adoption attorney, you can reduce your risk of running into unnecessary problems and more quickly achieve your goal of expanding your family.
Types of Adoptions We Can Handle
We understand our clients each have a very unique set of circumstances that require our close attention to detail. We are knowledgeable in state and country-specific adoption law, and we’re confident in our ability to provide you with reliable representation. Just a few types of adoptions we can help with include:
- Private adoptions working directly with birth parent(s) without an intermediary
- Agency adoption
- Stepparent adoption
Assisted Reproductive Technology
Technology is constantly innovating, and there are a variety of exciting new ways you can expand your family despite trouble conceiving. Our team can help you examine your options and ensure the highest caliber of legal support throughout the process. Just some of the options out there include:
- Embryo donation
- Sperm donation
- Egg donation
Affordable Adoption Lawyer at Your Service
Life is too short to put off the prospects of having a family to call your own. We all need a strong support base and people we can count on for love, joy and lasting memories.
Whether you are having trouble getting pregnant, have a stepchild whom you’d like to legally call your own, or are a same-sex couple ready to introduce a new member to the family, our team is here to offer our services at a price you can afford. When you work with us, we work to:
- Help you understand pricing to ensure you get the help you need without breaking the bank.
- Explore every option to arrive at an ideal solution for your unique circumstances.
- Provide peace of mind through the entire process to keep stress low and increase your chances of a successful adoption the first time around.
We’re never too far away to provide the help you need. Call (856) 429-5005 in Haddonfield today to schedule your initial consultation.